[SIGCIS-Members] CHM Prize -- column in Communications of the ACM

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Fri Mar 8 05:53:37 PST 2013

Hello SIGCIS members,

Further to my recent CFP for the next prize, you may be interested in a
recent "Historical Reflections" column I wrote for Communications of the ACM
which was designed to showcase current work in the history of computing by
profiling the first four winners of the prize. Online at
http://www.tomandmaria.com/tom/Writing/CACM-FiveLessonsFromReallyGoodHistory
.pdf, or for those of you with ACM digital library access at
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2398356.2398369.

Tom

p.s. On reflection there are probably not 31 days to be had in April, so
better get those books posted by April 30. Also, welcome to David Nofre as
the newest member of the prize committee.