[SIGCIS-Members] Arpanet pictures

Marc Weber II mweber at computerhistory.org
Fri Jul 26 07:44:12 PDT 2013

Dear Pierre:

The main images I chose to illustrate the ARPANET are in the "Networking" gallery in our "Revolution" exhibition: http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/networking/19/407, as well as in my various articles that I forwarded previously. However we have or can point you to others too.

As Dag wrote the network maps like the one you've attached are public domain since they were done as part of a U.S. gov't research contract; we've used them in our physical version of the exhibition, showing the growth of the net in a looping video.

FYI this PDF on the Internet History Program pages (computerhistory.org/nethistory) lists a number of resources at CHM and beyond that might be relevant, including how to search our collection, oral histories with a number of ARPANET pioneers, and the Finding Aid to the SRI ARC/NIC collection. I've also copied networking pioneer Jake Feinler, who was the director of the NIC and is a core advisor to the Internet History Program; she may have other photo ideas.

Best, Marc

Marc Weber  |   marc at webhistory.org  |   +1 415 282 6868
Internet History Program Founder and Curator, Computer History Museum
1401 N Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View CA 94043 computerhistory.org/nethistory
Co-founder, Web History Center and Project, webhistory.org