[SIGCIS-Members] CHM Fllows Nomintaions - Open!

Dag Spicer spicer at computerhistory.org
Mon Jul 29 11:45:24 PDT 2013

Dear SIGCIS Friends,

Just an update… we're now half way through the nomination period for Computer History Museum Fellows.  (Nominations end Aug 20).

CHM Fellows are the cream of the computing crop, having performed trailblazing work in software, hardware, networks, computing philosophies, algorithms and approaches that have transformed not only computing but the world around us.

Some of our past Fellows include Steve Wozniak, Gordon Moore, Bill Joy, Vint Cerf, Doug Engelbart, Grace Hopper, Alan Kay, Don Knuth, and many more...

I am hoping to drum up SIGCIS support here by encouraging SIGCIS members to nominate someone they feel has really made a difference.  SIGCIS members are uniquely qualified to participate, given the membership's interest and accomplishments in shaping the history of computing.

For nomination guidelines and application form, see here: http://www.computerhistory.org/fellowawards/nominations/

Please help us select next years Fellows… we cannot do it without you!

Warm regards,

Dag
--
Dag Spicer