[SIGCIS-Members] Survey of microprocessing platforms

Jean-François Blanchette blanchette at ucla.edu
Thu Oct 25 16:29:53 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for an article/book chapter that would cover the evolution of microprocessing families/platforms either since the beginning of the industry or from a more recent date --- looking at design features, technical strategies, market segmentation, industry alliances, things of that sort, individually or in combination.

I have articles from the Intel Technology Magazine that describe their own particular strategies, but I am looking for something industry-wide. I also have various articles about the future of microprocessor design, e.g.,
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1941487.1941507
but no historical overview.

If anyone has any pointers, I'd be most grateful.
Jean-François
--
Jean-François Blanchette, Associate Professeur
Dept. of Information Studies, UCLA