[SIGCIS-Members] Washington Post retracts email story & Ombudsman column

Marie Hicks mhicks1 at iit.edu
Fri Mar 2 13:56:45 PST 2012

Great news! Glad to see the Post is finally taking a modicum of
responsibility for their content and role in disseminating information
to the public. As others have noted, the Post's initial response to
this situation echoed the way they mishandled Nathan's very legitimate
complaints about plagiarism and inadaquate source attribution.
Hopefully these repeated drubbings will improve their journalists'
practices.

Best,

Marie
Marie Hicks, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of History of Technology
Lewis Department of the Humanities
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL
mhicks1 at iit.edu