[SIGCIS-Members] 2012 workshop -- couple commentator/chair slots left

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon Aug 20 21:31:19 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

My assistant has now put the draft workshop schedule for the 2012 SHOT
meeting in Copenhagen into the appropriate format for our website.  It's not
quite checked and polished enough yet to go on the main workshop page, but
we have several opportunities to participate as session leaders or
commentator which is why I am sharing our current late draft version.

You can see it at http://www.sigcis.org/workshop12/schedule. The gaps where
we could currently use some volunteers are shown. If you are interested get
me your name by Friday, and shortly thereafter we'll do our best at matching
our pool of volunteers with the opportunities. (If you are someone already
listed, please confirm continued availability and make sure we put you in an
appropriate slot).

Currently available:

.         Leader for dissertations in progress session. Should be someone
who has finished a dissertation themselves and has experience in helping
others shape their research. The chair is a hands on session leader rather
than just a time keeper, and will need to have some questions and
suggestions ready themselves as well as orchestrating the flow of
discussion.

.         Leader for the works in progress session. Similar to the above,
except that they are papers/chapters rather than dissertations.

.         Commentator for a traditional session. The panelists send papers a
week or so ahead, and the commentator reads them and prepares an informal
response of maybe 15 minutes which deals with all three and should, if
possible, find some interesting contrasts or commonalities. It should
definitely offer constructive but useful suggestions and observations.