[SIGCIS-Members] Fwd: When was first campaign for computer users' freedom

William McMillan wmcmillan at emich.edu
Tue Aug 14 05:13:15 PDT 2012

Richard, it might not come across in the article or other available sources
on UCSD Pascal, but I'm convinced from many hours of interviewing Ken
Bowles that UCSD Pascal and the efforts in programmed instruction were
definitely about freedom, about empowering the end user and the small
enterprise.

Political?  Not so much, if that's your thrust.

- Bill