[SIGCIS-Members] Fwd: When was first campaign for computer users' freedom

William McMillan wmcmillan at emich.edu
Fri Aug 17 06:51:12 PDT 2012

OK, now I realize what people are saying -- the menus in UCSD Pascal were
not "drop-down."  Sorry, I'm so used to letting the term trip from my
fingers that I mistyped.

Yes, they were single letter menu commands on a character-based "graphic"
screen.

They did influence the development of drop-down menus at Apple.

- Bill