[SIGCIS-Members] Program for the 2011 SIGCIS workshop

Marie Hicks mhicks1 at iit.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:41:53 PDT 2011

Folks,

The final program for the 2011 SIGCIS workshop is now online:
http://www.sigcis.org/workshop11

Tom Misa's opening keynote will be on the topic of "Designing and
Using Cyberinfrastructure: Challenges and Opportunities for History."

In addition, be sure to check out some of the questions that will be
addressed by the great lineup of speakers at our closing plenary:
http://www.sigcis.org/node/292
We hope you'll all be able to stay for that, and we plan to organize a
dinner outing afterward for those who do stay through Sunday evening.

As the conference nears, we will upload texts for our
dissertations-in-progress and works-in-progress sessions to the online
program, so attendees interested in going to these sessions can read
the papers easily in advance. Check back for those a week or two
before the conference.

Until then, click around the online program for a look at linked paper
abstracts and links to background on the presenters, commentators, and
moderators.

Feel free to send any questions my way.

Best,

Marie

2011 SIGCIS Workshop program committee chair
Marie Hicks, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of History of Technology
Lewis Department of the Humanities
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL
mhicks1 at iit.edu