[SIGCIS-Members] Photos of SIGCIS events (posted and needed)

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Tue May 17 13:00:22 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

As you may know Chris McDonald and a few other SIGCIS members have been
experimenting with frequent updates to keep our web page active and
exciting. We're still figuring out how to balance and integrate web vs.
email to keep our members informed, but you can see the latest at
http://www.sigcis.org/blog.

Chris has gone beyond the original idea of posting reminders and
announcements to make an actual blog with opinions, links and provocative
musings. He and the other contributors love to get a few comments, which any
registered SIGCIS member can post after logging into the site. If you would
like to add a blog to your own account let me know.

Supporting a real blog required adding a few new features to our Drupal
content management system, including (and you may think this would be
standard) the ability to include images. So I've finally been able to begin
a task that's been on my to do list for some years now: adding image
galleries to complement our written event reports
(http://www.sigcis.org/node/13). So far we've added a few photos from the
2007 and 2008 SHOT meetings. The 2009 and 2010 meetings will follow. See
them at http://www.sigcis.org/image/tid. Once logged in you can also comment
on images.

Do you have any pictures from SIGCIS events (panels, dinners, lunches, etc)
at SHOT or other conferences that you would be willing to share with us?

Best wishes,

Tom Haigh