[SIGCIS-Members] An introduction

David Greelish david at classiccomputing.com
Thu Oct 28 19:01:49 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,
I am not an academic, but I wanted to introduce myself and share a new project that I am especially excited about.
I consider myself a computer historian, as I have been an enthusiast, researcher and collector for about 18 years now. I used to publish a newsletter about computer history called "Historically Brewed." That was pre-internet, and pre-"my life got way more complicated / family / etc."
I have recently really geared up in my activity, starting a blog, and getting back to doing two podcasts I started a few years ago. I would like to highlight my newest project though, as I am now able to collaborate in a discussion group podcast called the "Retro Computing Roundtable" podcast. I hope everyone might consider giving it a listen. This first one is over an hour and a half, but future sessions will just be an hour (lessons learned). Thanks!
http://web.me.com/dgreelish/Classic_Computing_Podcasts/Retro_Computing_Roundtable/Retro_Computing_Roundtable.html
Best,

David Greelish, Computer Historian

Classic Computing
The Home of Computer History Nostalgia
http://www.classiccomputing.com
Classic Computing Blog
Classic Computing Show video podcast
"Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer" audiobook podcast
Retro Computing Roundtable podcast
Historical Computer Society meeting - first Wednesday of each month.
Classic Computing Expo 1.0 - planned for March 2011!