[SIGCIS-Members] Book about NTNU computer history

Ola Nordal ola.nordal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 06:11:55 PDT 2010

  Dear SIGCIS-people

I would just take the opportunity to do a bit of self advertising for my
recent book about the history of computing at NTNU - the Norwegian
University of Science and Technology: /Verktøy og vitenskap --
Datahistorien ved NTNU./ The book is unfortunately only available in
Norwegian. I hope to publish more in English about this material with time.

The book follows the history of computing at the NTNU as tool and
science, from the first electronic differential analyser developed in
the physics department in the mid 1930s, via the first general analogue
computer built in the early 1950s, the advance of digital computing in
the 1960s, the formation of a computer science department in the 1970s,
the turn towards personal computing and super computing in the 1980s and
the internet revolution in the 1990s/2000s.

Regards,
Ola Nordal
Historian at NTNU, Trondheim, Norway

--