[SIGCIS-Members] References on the History of Computer Use in Education required

James Sumner james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 00:25:02 PDT 2010

One reference on the British case springs to mind:

Neil Selwyn, "Learning to love the micro: the discursive construction of
'educational' computing in the UK, 1979-89". British Journal of
Sociology of Education, 23:3 (2002), 427-443.

Selwyn was originally interested in this question from an education
policy perspective, but this article is a historical review.

Best
James