[SIGCIS-Members] Hackers

Ceruzzi, Paul CeruzziP at si.edu
Wed Dec 1 08:21:40 PST 2010

I remember reading the New Hackers Dictionary years ago (at a time when the term had different connotations), and I recall a strong current of Zen in that book. So to continue that thread, "Anyone who calls himself a hacker is, by definition, not a hacker."

Or to paraphrase Thomas Jefferson, "we are all hackers; we are all programmers."

Has anyone tried Ubuntu? I installed it on an old computer of mine, and it is pretty much indistinguishable from Windows/MS-Office. It is so strange--I always assumed that Linux was supposed to be hard.

Paul