[SIGCIS-Members] Wilkes obit by Martin Campbell-Kelly

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Wed Dec 1 12:34:40 PST 2010

Further to the initial announcement, I notice that the Independent (a
British newspaper) has now posted Martin Campbell-Kelly's obituary notice
for Wilkes at
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/maurice-wilkes-visionary-and-pi
oneering-doyen-of-british-computing-2147811.html.

Also, thanks to Paul McJones for pointing out that at least one computer
project leader from the 1940s is, as far as we know, still alive: Harry
Huskey. Huskey worked on ENIAC and led development of SWAC a few years
later. Bill Aspray did an oral history interview with him in 2006.
http://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/text/Oral_History/Huskey_Harry/
Huskey.oral_history.2006.102657983.pdf

Tom Haigh