[SIGCIS-Members] WEHC 2012

Bernardo Batiz-Lazo bbatiz64 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 03:06:31 PDT 2010

Dear all
Following Tom's heads up to the BHC next year,  the deadline for the
first call of the World Economic History Congress is fast approaching:

http://www.wehc2012.org/

I think that our panel on computers in banking in the previous meeting
at Utrecht (2009) was successful and well received.

We are thus canvassing for interest for a second, perhaps more general
panel. We hope to accommodate contributions from other sectors other
than retail banking. One suggestion has been looking at the role of
consultants in the construction of the enterprise. But as I said,
there is no agenda at the moment so do let us know if there is
interest. The WEHC events tend to be quite large and international.

Expressions of interest and tentative topics to me and cc Carles
Maixe-Altes  (maixe at udc.es).

Happy sand castling for those not already on hols,

Bernardo
University of Leicester (UK)