[SIGCIS-Members] Hello, I'm new here

julie hugsted julie at hugsted.dk
Mon Aug 10 06:42:59 PDT 2009

Dear Sigcis,

I just joined the Sigcis mailing list and was encouraged to write a
brief presentation of my studies and fields of interest - which I also
find makes good sense so you know a bit of who I am and what I do.

My name is Julie Hugsted, I study history on University of Aarhus,
Denmark, where I currently write my masters thesis on historiography
of computing. Since it is my impression that from institution to
institution, people define historiography differently I will just
clarify that it is the history of how the history of computing has
been written that I work with.
I have undertaken most of my masters degree on respectively Department
of History and Area Studies: http://www.iho.au.dk/en and Department of
Science Studies http://www.ivs.au.dk/en The latter is where I have
undertaken most courses. I have focused on history of technology,
mainly history of computing during my master.

All the best

Julie

--
Julie Katrine Hugsted