[SIGCIS-Members] Fwd: Michael S. Mahoney

Brent Jesiek bjesiek at vt.edu
Thu Jul 24 08:42:39 PDT 2008

Just received this sad news about the passing of Michael S. Mahoney, a fantastic
supporter of, and contributor to, the history of computing. I am very thankful
for having had the opportunity to work with Michael when he was a member of my
dissertation committee, and to have finally met him in person at last year's
SHOT meeting. Willard's tribute, copied below, helps convey why Michael was so
respected and valued as a scholar and person.

Brent

--
Brent K. Jesiek, Ph.D.

Begin forwarded message: