[SIGCIS-Members] Guest lecture for hobbyist event?

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Wed Jul 23 22:12:28 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Being that I spoke at SHOT last fall, on the topic of how computer hobbyists
can assist computer historians, I think it would be appropriate and useful
to have someone from the SIGCIS give a lecture at the Vintage Computer
Festival East (Sept. 13-14) on the opposite topic -- that is, what can
computer hobbyists learn from computer historians?

The VCF East happens at the upstart InfoAge Science Center, located in Wall,
New Jersey.  An very detailed history of the campus from its Marconi and
U.S. Army Signal Corps days is posted at www.infoage.org.

I asked Tom to give this lecture, because he's previously worked with the
vintage computing hobbyist community, but unfortunately he is unable to
attend.  Is anyone else here interested in this opportunity?

Please contact me off-list with any questions or comments.

Thank you,
- Evan