[SIGCIS-Members] Information & Culture seeking book reviews

james.hodges at rutgers.edu james.hodges at rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 5 14:09:41 PDT 2024

Greetings!

Please excuse my cross-posting. I am the Book Reviews Editor for
Information & Culture (https://www.infoculturejournal.org/). I’m writing
because we are currently looking for new book reviewers.

Reviews are generally around 1,000 words in length, written for a broad
academic audience.

*If you’re interested, please email reviews at ischool.utexas.edu
<reviews at ischool.utexas.edu>* with your area of expertise and any other
relevant information.

You are free to pitch any book within the areas of information, media, and
communication (published within the last year), or to express interest in
one of the titles below.

Please note that we often receive quite a large response when we make these
solicitations, so I can't guarantee that you will be matched with your top
choice-- but I am always looking for new reviewers, and I am very happy to
record your areas of expertise so that we can reach out with other
potential books of interest.

Here is a partial list of books we're currently looking to review, with an
emphasis on books that I think may be of interest to this community:

"Averting the Digital Dark Age: How Archivists, Librarians, and
Technologists Built the Web a Memory" by Ian Milligan
https://www.press.jhu.edu/books/title/53671/averting-digital-dark-age

"The Intimate Life of Computers: Digitizing Domesticity in the 1980s"
by Reem Hilu
https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/the-intimate-life-of-computers

"Cyberlibertarianism: The Right-Wing Politics of Digital Technology" by
David Golumbia
https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/cyberlibertarianism

"A History of Fake Things on the Internet" by Walter J. Scheirer
https://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=35460

"Inside IBM: Lessons of a Corporate Culture in Action" by James Cortada
https://cup.columbia.edu/book/inside-ibm/9780231213004

I look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,
James A. Hodges