[SIGCIS-Members] 1982 NSA Grace Hopper lecture - a challenge in accessing?

Eileen Buckholtz thequeensofcode at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 05:39:52 PDT 2024

Hi Jonathan, I attended that Grace Hopper talk at NSA and mention it in my
upcoming book Queens of Code, Inspiring True Stories from NSA's Computing
Women from MIT Press.  It was for a CISI program--our Computer and
Information Sciences Institute.  Sorry you couldn't get  a copy from the
Agency or a transcript.  Grace was a mentor to our women in technology and
did a number of talks at the Agency both for CISI and the Federal Women's
Program.

eCheers,

Eileen

On Sun, Jul 14, 2024 at 9:18 PM Jonathan Coopersmith via Members <
members at lists.sigcis.org> wrote:

> https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2024/jul/10/grace-hopper-lost-lecture-found-nsa/
>
> Where's MacGyver when really needed?
>

> Stay sane,
>
> Jonathan
>
> Jonathan Coopersmith
> Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
>
> Professor Emeritus
> Department of History
> Texas A&M University
> College Station, TX  77843-4236
> 979.739.4708 (cell)
>
> David Thompson, "Commercial Space Trailblazer,
> <https://aerospaceamerica.aiaa.org/departments/commercial-space-trailblazer/>
> " *Aerospace America* June 2024
>
> "Technological obsolescence,
> <https://www.nationalacademies.org/news/2023/05/technological-obsolescence>"
> National Academy of Engineering *Perspectives* May 23, 2023
>
> Preserving space archives:  https://www.toboldlypreserve.space/

Eileen Buckholtz
Queens of Code <https://www.facebook.com/queensofcode>
Inspiring True Stories from NSA's Computing Women
MIT Press, April 2025
https://www.queensofcode.com
https://www.facebook.com/queensofcode