[SIGCIS-Members] Thank you Alexandre/SIGCIS

Ceruzzi, Paul CeruzziP at si.edu
Thu Jul 11 14:13:42 PDT 2024

Thank you, Alexandre, for your kind words about SIGCIS. SIGCIS has evolved and grown a lot since its days as a Listserv on an IBM mainframe at the Smithsonian in 1990 (before there was a World Wide Web!)   It is gratifying to see that it is still vibrant, after so many other forums have come and gone.
Speaking of which...SIGCIS may no longer be the place to go into the weeds about aspects of computing history—at least that is how I feel, not wishing to clutter people's in-boxes. I've opened a Sub​stack Account <substack.com/@paulceruzzi>  where I can post such items. It's free, and you don't have to subscribe. Comments welcome.

Paul Ceruzzi
Curator Emeritus
National Air and Space Museum