[SIGCIS-Members] ROMchip: A Journal of Game Histories: Editorial Assistant Needed

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:31:57 PDT 2024

*ROMchip: A Journal of Game Histories* is currently seeking an Editorial
Assistant. The Editorial Assistant will work closely with the Managing
Editor to execute all elements of the journal’s editorial process in a
timely and professional manner.

Estimated workload is 5-8 hours per month, with the higher volume occurring
during our publication schedule (June/July and November/December).

This is an unpaid, volunteer-based service role intended for a professional
academic. As this is an unpaid role, a PhD in a related field and secured
employment is preferred.

Job responsibilities include assisting the Managing Editor with the
following tasks:

   - handling general correspondence with authors and reviewers
   - sending copy out for peer review and following up on reviewer timelines
   - processing copy through ROMchip’s online submission system, and
   between authors and our freelance copy editor
   - formatting copy for online publication
   - drafting our biannual newsletter/issue announcements
   - drafting social media posts based on provided templates
   - attending monthly Editorial Group meetings and updating the agenda
   - additional editorial tasks deemed appropriate by the Managing Editor

*Submission Guidelines*
Please send your application to Henry Lowood [lowood at stanford.edu] as a
single PDF with 3 sections:

   1. A letter of intent outlining your interest and relevant experience (1
   pg max)
   2. CV
   3. Name, affiliation, and email for two references

Material due by September 30, with interviews to follow in mid-late
October. Anticipated start by late November/early December 2024; 6 month
trial period to start.

--
Laine Nooney <http://www.lainenooney.com/>

Associate Professor |  MCC <http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/mcc/> @ NYU
<http://www.nyu.edu/>  | they/them
Managing Editor  |  ROMchip: A Journal of Game Histories
<https://romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal>  |  Join our Newsletter
<http://eepurl.com/crCul1>

-Need to make an appt? Click, don't email:
https://calendar.app.google/V9ZuMRWEKnnUBdQ56
-Probably typed by voice recognition, so please cherish typos