[SIGCIS-Members] possible SIGCIS glitch

Troy Astarte t.k.astarte at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 08:27:17 PDT 2024

Hi David

Are you using the MacOS mail app? I get a similarly weird thing when I try to write things to the list but it switches up which alias is used with me. It definitely has been Coopersmith, but at the moment, it’s showing me Hsu! I don’t think I’ve seen it in messages from the list.

My working theory was that it’s to do with how the Mac app handles addressing but maybe I should try to investigate further...

[Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 16.25.08.png]
Best,

Dr. Troy Kaighin Astarte (they/them / nhw)

Lecturer, Computer Science / Darlithydd, Cyfrifiadureg
Swansea University / Prifysgol Abertawe

For students: my drop in hours are on the Intranet<https://fse-intranet.swan.ac.uk/intranet/staff_officehours?selected_staff_id=203842> (office CoFo 407)
I fyfyrwyr: mae fy oriau swyddfa ar y fewnrwyd.
Meeting booking: via Office Booking<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/8e101a47e22e4af793d033901758d0e4@Swansea.ac.uk/meetingtype/SVRwCe7HMUGxuT6WGxi68g2?anonymous&ep=mlink>.
Zoom office: https://swanseauniversity.zoom.us/my/t.k.astarte

Every email has a cost to the climate. Please think before sending short emails.
Mae gan bob e-bost gost i’r hinsawdd. Meddyliwch cyn i chi anfon e-byst byr.

Due to RSI sometimes I’ll need to dictate messages and they might come out a bit weird. Thanks for your patience.