[SIGCIS-Members] Congrats!!! CBI HCI History Prize/Award to Jacob Gaboury for Image Objects

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Wed May 31 13:39:25 PDT 2023

Indeed, congrats to Jacob.  Note that he was one of the Expert Reviewers
for the proposal for the IEEE Milestone for Utah's Computer Graphics work,
and that a bronze plaque was dedicated at the Univ. of Utah on March 24.
Jacob, as well as Jeffrey Yost, were in attendance, and I was the IEEE
History Committee Advocate for this Milestone.  See the extensive
documentation for it here
<https://ethw.org/Milestones:Development_of_Computer_Graphics_and_Visualization_Techniques,_1965-1978>.
Both Jacob's book as well as Alvy Ray Smith's *A Biography of the Pixel* were
important sources for information for this project, and Alvy was a key
organizer and participant with me for this 2-day event.
_________________________
Brian A. Berg / bberg at StanfordAlumni.org
Berg Software Design - LinkedIn Profile
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianaberg/>
180 Lithia Way, Suite 201, Ashland, OR 97520 USA
14500 Big Basin Way, Suite J, Saratoga, CA 95070 USA
Voice: 408.741.5010 / Cell: 408.568.2505
Consulting: Flash Memory/USB/Storage/Patents
visit the Storage Cornucopia: www.bswd.com
FMS Technical Chair: www.FlashMemorySummit.com
IEEE Milestone <http://www.siliconvalleymilestones.com/> Coordinator &
Historian - Region 6 <http://www.ieee-region6.org/>
IEEE History Committee
<https://www.ieee.org/about/history-center/history-committee.html> Member
Curator: www.SiliconValleyMilestones.com
IEEE SCV Section <http://www.ieee.org/scv/> Past Chair / IEEE-CNSV
<http://www.CaliforniaConsultants.org> Board Director
IEEE Silicon Valley Tech History Committee
<http://www.SiliconValleyHistory.com/> Vice-Chair