[SIGCIS-Members] FW: Early history of computation and India?

Brian Randell brian.randell at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri May 12 09:41:57 PDT 2023

Hi:

’ve been contacted by Martin Gluckman m.gluckman at alumni.anu.edu.au<mailto:m.gluckman at alumni.anu.edu.au> and Daniel Grings daniel at vedicsociety.org<mailto:daniel at vedicsociety.org> who “are doing a project researching the link between Indian knowledge systems (grammar especially Panini, Logic called Nayaya and Indian mathematics) and the development of computation."

They are "in the survey phase and looking for any people who have record of potential influence or links on Boole, Babbage and De Morgan and others."

They would appreciate any insights into this topic, or suggestions as to key people.

Cheers

Brian Randell