[SIGCIS-Members] James Pelkey - in memory

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Mon May 1 11:24:11 PDT 2023

Thank you for sharing this sad news.

I am on the IEEE History Committee which manages the annual IEEE William
and Joyce Middleton Electrical Engineering History Award
<https://www.ieee.org/about/history-center/middleton-award.html>, often
called the Middleton Award.  Pelkey's *Circuits, Packets, and Protocols:
Entrepreneurs and Computer Communications, 1968-1988* book is one of this
year's nominees, and I happen to be one of the readers of this book.  As I
read the book, I keep running across the names of people I know.  The
book's scholarship is quite astounding, being based on a huge number of
Oral Histories and the like, as noted in this story about his passing.
_________________________
Brian A. Berg / bberg at StanfordAlumni.org
Berg Software Design - LinkedIn Profile
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianaberg/>
180 Lithia Way, Suite 201, Ashland, OR 97520 USA
14500 Big Basin Way, Suite J, Saratoga, CA 95070 USA
Voice: 408.741.5010 / Cell: 408.568.2505
Consulting: Flash Memory/USB/Storage/Patents
visit the Storage Cornucopia: www.bswd.com
FMS Technical Chair: www.FlashMemorySummit.com
IEEE Milestone <http://www.siliconvalleymilestones.com/> Coordinator &
Historian - Region 6 <http://www.ieee-region6.org/>
IEEE History Committee
<https://www.ieee.org/about/history-center/history-committee.html> Member
Curator: www.SiliconValleyMilestones.com
IEEE SCV Section <http://www.ieee.org/scv/> Past Chair / IEEE-CNSV
<http://www.CaliforniaConsultants.org> Board Director
IEEE Silicon Valley Tech History Committee
<http://www.SiliconValleyHistory.com/> Vice-Chair