[SIGCIS-Members] Adjunct Instructors for Computer History Class at RIT

Corinna Schlombs cxsgla at rit.edu
Tue Mar 7 13:01:36 PST 2023

Dear SIGCIS members,

My department seeks adjunct instructors for computer history classes in the fall. Please feel free to circulate the ad (below and attached) to anyone interested; I am also happy to answer any questions.

Best, and thanks so much,

Corinna.

Corinna Schlombs   she/her/hers
Associate Professor of History
Rochester Institute of Technology

The History Department at Rochester Institute of Technology seeks to hire one or two adjunct instructors for fall 2023-2024 to teach two double sections of HIST 180 Information Revolution (see course description below).

The sections may be taught in person or online synchronous.

A double section at RIT is capped at 80 students and counts for two classes. This means that adjunct instructors for double sections are paid twice the regular class rate per double section.

Qualified candidates should at their earliest convenience send their CV to the History Department Chair Tamar Carroll (twcgsh at rit.edu<mailto:twcgsh at rit.edu>) and Corinna Schlombs (cxsgla at rit.edu<mailto:cxsgla at rit.edu>) and indicate whether they are available to teach one or two double sections. We are also happy to answer any questions regarding this opportunity.

HIST 180 Information Revolution Course Description:

Social media and smart technologies seem to have revolutionized our society, changing how we learn about new things, relate to each other, and understand ourselves. This course investigates the history of information and communication technologies to cast new light on these developments. We will ask how people formed political opinions, what moral concerns new information and communication technologies raised, and how technologies changed the lives of the people using them. This course helps you understand the social, cultural and ethical implications of “revolutionary” information and communication technologies.
This course is a General Education Elective and it meets the requirements of the Ethical and Social Perspective Categories. It also serves as equivalent of DHSS 102 Industrial Origins of the Digital Age.