[SIGCIS-Members] new SIGCIS conference organizing committee members

Morgan G. Ames morganya at berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 14 12:42:03 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I'm excited to share that we have THREE new rockstar members of the SIGCIS
conference organizing committee: Katya Babintseva
<https://www.cla.purdue.edu/directory/profiles/ekaterina-babintseva.html>, Gili
Vidan <https://infosci.cornell.edu/content/vidan>, and Colette Perold
<https://www.colorado.edu/cmci/people/media-studies/colette-perold>. They
join Laine Nooney, Stephanie Dick, Xiaochang Li, and me in planning this
year's virtual conference <https://meetings.sigcis.org/>. When Laine and
Steph step down this fall for a well-earned break from organizing, Katya,
Gili, and Colette will join Xiaochang and me in planning SIGCIS 2024 and
beyond.

These three scholars are longstanding and respected members of the SIGCIS
community, and we are excited that they will be joining us to steer this
conference in the coming years! Please join me in welcoming them!

Warmly,
Morgan
SIGCIS co-vice-chair of conferences

Dr. Morgan G. Ames <https://morganya.org> (pronounced "MORE-ghen Aims";
she/her)
faculty, School of Information <https://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/>, UC
Berkeley
associate director of research, Center for Science, Technology, Medicine
and Society <https://cstms.berkeley.edu>
author of *The Charisma Machine: The Life, Death, and Legacy of One Laptop
per Child <https://morganya.org/charisma/>* (2019, MIT Press
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/charisma-machine>) - 2020 Information
Science Book of the Year, 2020 Sally Hacker Prize, 2021 Computer History
Museum Prize

If you need disability accommodations to meet or work with me, please let
me know.

UC Berkeley sits on the territory of xučyun, the ancestral and unceded land
of the Chochenyo speaking Ohlone people, the successors of the sovereign
Verona Band of Alameda County. See https://cejce.berkeley.edu/ohloneland
for more.