[SIGCIS-Members] [EXTERNAL]Re: Help for sources

Hansen Hsu hansnhsu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 13:31:38 PDT 2023

Not history per se, but a good ethnography of software developers in Brazil, which necessarily includes some historical background, is
Takhteyev, Yuri. Coding Places: Software Practice in a South American City. Acting with Technology. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press, 2012.

http://codingplaces.net

One of its subjects is the development of the Lua language, which is used in scripting of video games.