[SIGCIS-Members] Automation by Design

Jeffrey Yost yostx003 at umn.edu
Mon Jan 23 12:44:38 PST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Wanted to share the event flyer/poster for Automation by Design.  Please
share with anyone who may be interested.

 Colette, Honghong, Con, and I (Program Committee) are so looking forward
to this event in less than a month!!! We have incredible scholars
throughout the six session program further complemented by three excellent
keynote speakers.

Best, Jeff

Full Program and to register CHARLES BABBAGE INSTITUTE for Computing,
Information & Culture's Automation by Design
<https://cse.umn.edu/cbi/automation-design> Symposium

[image: Babbage Institute Virtual Event flyer FINAL.jpg]

*Please connect at:*   *Mastodon
<https://mastodon.social/@JustCodeCulture> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/justcodeculture> ** Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrey-yost-b714566>*

*Jeffrey Yost, Ph.D.         *
Director, Charles Babbage Institute <http://www.cse.umn.edu/cbi>; Research
Professor, History Sci/Tech/Med

222 21st Avenue South, University of Minnesota; Minneapolis, MN 55455

*Studies in Computing and Culture book series, Johns Hopkins U. Press *
Co-Editor
*PI, NSF-funded CBI project "Mining a Useable Past: Perspectives,
Paradoxes, and Possibilities with Security and Privacy."*
*Blockchain & Society Blog and Site* <https://www.blockchainandsociety.com/>
 (Founder/Leader)

*Interfaces: Essays and Reviews in Computing and Culture
<https://cse.umn.edu/cbi/interfaces> *Co-Editor (w/ Amanda Wick)

*Committee Member, National Academy of Engineering Extraordinary
Engineering Impacts on Society*
*Making IT Work: A History of the Computer Services Industry (MIT Press)
<https://amzn.to/3gqe4R6>*