[SIGCIS-Members] SIGICS update

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Thu Feb 23 07:30:38 PST 2023

Dear SIGCIS friends -

I’m writing to share the news that I’m stepping down as SIGCIS Co-Chair.  I started as Chair back in 2014, and became Co-Chair when Melanie Swalwell joined me in this role in 2020.  I’m really proud of what we’ve built and sustained together as a community!  At the same time, I think it’s healthy for SIGCIS to have some rotation in leadership.  The tipping point for me came a couple of months ago, when I was named as Officer-in-Charge (aka interim president) of my university, SUNY Polytechnic Institute.  This assignment is as rewarding as it is time-consuming, and leaves me little choice but to pull back from some of my professional commitments, including SIGCIS.

Fortunately, Melanie Swalwell has agreed to continue on as SIGCIS Chair. She will be writing to the list soon with an update about SIGCIS in 2023 and beyond.

Thank you for your support and kindness over the years, and for making SIGCIS a welcoming and fun place to be :)

All the best,

Andy

Andrew L. Russell, Ph.D.
Officer-in-Charge