[SIGCIS-Members] Information & Culture seeking book reviewers

James A Hodges james.hodges at rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 9 08:59:25 PST 2023

Greetings! Please accept my apologies for cross-posting.

I'm the Senior Book Reviews Editor for *Information & Culture* (
https://infoculturejournal.org/), an information studies journal published
by the UT Austin School of Information.

We're currently looking for a few reviewers. In particular, we're looking
for someone to review a few recent titles, listed below (although I welcome
suggestions/pitches for anything within our wheelhouse that has been
published within the last 6 months or so).

Reviews are generally under 1,000 words and directed at a wide audience of
media, library, information, and communication scholars. You can also read
our full book review guidelines at https://bit.ly/ICReviewGuidelines.

"The Political Lives of Information  Information and the Production of
Development in India" By Janaki Srinivasan
https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262544047/the-political-lives-of-information/

"An Anthropological toolkit: Sixty Useful Concepts" by David Zeitlyn
https://www.berghahnbooks.com/title/ZeitlynAnthropological

"Semantic Media: Mapping Meaning on the Internet" by Andrew Iliadis
https://www.berghahnbooks.com/title/ZeitlynAnthropological

"Writing the Revolution: Wikipedia and the Survival of Facts in the Digital
Age" by Heather Ford
https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262046299/writing-the-revolution/

"A House for the Struggle: The Black Press and the Built Environment in
Chicago" by E. James West
https://www.combinedacademic.co.uk/9780252086397/a-house-for-the-struggle/

"Stuck on the Platform: Reclaiming the Internet" by Geert Lovink
https://valiz.nl/en/publications/stuck-on-the-platform

If you are interested in reviewing for us, *please send your response
to reviews at ischool.utexas.edu <reviews at ischool.utexas.edu>*

Thank you!

Sincerely,
James A Hodges, Ph.D.
Senior Book Reviews Editor

--
*JAMES A. HODGES, PH.D. *(he/him/his)
Assistant Professor

Senior Book Reviews Editor
Information & Culture <https://infoculturejournal.org/>
Member, Committee on Publication Ethics <https://publicationethics.org/>
 (COPE)

Junior Fellow, Rare Book School
Mellon Society of Fellows in Critical Bibliography
<https://rarebookschool.org/admissions-awards/fellowships/sofcb/>