[SIGCIS-Members] A New Book

James Cortada jcortada at umn.edu
Fri Feb 3 09:23:47 PST 2023

A book I have written has just been published and thought it might be of
interest to this community: *Birth of Modern Facts*.  I explore how
information has changed over the past 150-200 years by looking at these
transformations through the lens of disciplines (e.g., computer science,
library science, physics, economics, etc.) and their ecosystems.  Every
chapter includes discussions about the role of computing, too.  The
publisher (R&L) has offered a discount to individuals, for which I attach
its coupon.  Should you like to discuss my ideas in the book I am all ears,
because I am still exploring this broad theme and one book cannot settle
the issue in my mind.

Regards,

Jim

--