[SIGCIS-Members] Books on Women in Computing

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:18:42 PST 2023

Brian,

It might be nice to display a copy of Booth & Booth**. It rather makes the point that women were there from the start.

(I remain grateful to the UK Meteorological Office library for discarding their copy, which I was able to buy for £2 many years ago.)

If there's anything written on Mary Berners-Lee, that would be good too.

** Automatic Digital Calculators, Andrew D. Booth, D.Sc., Ph.D., F.Inst.P. and Kathleen H. V. Booth, B.Sc., Ph.D., London, Butterworths Scientific Publications, 1953.

Regards
    Brian Carpenter