[SIGCIS-Members] SHOT 2024 Session Proposal: Embodiment and Computing

Elizabeth Petrick Elizabeth.Petrick at rice.edu
Fri Dec 15 14:42:17 PST 2023

Hello SIGCIS,

This is super last-minute, but Andrew McGee and I are attempting to assemble a session proposal for SHOT in July next year on histories of Embodiment and Computing.

My paper will concern proposed technologies at Xerox PARC in the 1970s-1980s and how bodies of users were imagined to interact with them.

The deadline for proposals is Dec 18, so if anyone is interested in joining us please contact me ASAP.

Also, if you're not interested in giving a paper but might like to chair such a session, please let me know as well.

Best,
Liz

Elizabeth Petrick
Co-Director, STS Program