[SIGCIS-Members] Announcing SIGCIS 2023 Conference Schedule (Sep 21-23, 2023) - Online Edition 2.0

Babintseva, Ekaterina ebabints at purdue.edu
Fri Aug 18 17:18:55 PDT 2023

Dear SIGCIS,

On behalf of the SIGCIS organizing committee -- Morgan Ames, Steph Dick, Xiaochang Li, Laine Nooney, Colette Perold, Gili Vidan, and myself --  I am happy to announce that the program for the 14th Annual Meeting of SIGCIS is now live and can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/yc4xssv2

Our keynote for the event is Tung Hui-Hu (University of Michigan), the author of Digital Lethargy: Dispatchers from an Age of Disconnection (2022) and A Prehistory of the Cloud (2015).

This year, the conference will take place on Zoom on Sep 21-23, 2023.  For registration, please use Eventbrite:  https://tinyurl.com/ycxz384s

In order to maximize access to all members of the SIGCIS community, the conference fees are donation-based this year. We offer suggested rates for academic and non-academic participants here<https://meetings.sigcis.org/registration.html> and trust that you will select the fee that makes sense for your context, especially for scholars with limited research funds.  Please note that Eventbrite does not permit $0 donations. If you would like to register without having to pay, please email the SIGCIS Meetings Organizing Committee at sigcis2023 at morganya.org and we will register you for no cost.

We hope to see many of you there!

All best,
Katya Babintseva

Ekaterina Babintseva [bahb-int-seva]<https://www.cla.purdue.edu/directory/profiles/ekaterina-babintseva.html>
www.ekaterina-babintseva.com<https://www.ekaterina-babintseva.com/>
Assistant Professor in the History of Technology
Purdue University
Department of History, University Hall 120
672 Oval Drive
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
ebabints at purdue.edu