[SIGCIS-Members] Mahoney Prize: Call for Nominations (reminder)

Kevin Driscoll kdriscoll at alum.mit.edu
Mon Apr 24 12:23:44 PDT 2023

Dear SIGCIS,

Nominations are now open for the 2023 Mahoney Prize.

The Mahoney Prize recognizes an outstanding article in the history of computing and information technology, broadly conceived.

The Mahoney Prize commemorates the late Princeton scholar Michael S. Mahoney, whose profound contributions to the history of computing came from his many articles and book chapters. The prize consists of a $500 award and a certificate. For the 2023 prize, articles published in the preceding three years (2020, 2021 and 2022) are eligible for nomination. The Mahoney Prize is awarded by the Special Interest Group in Computers, Information, and Society (SIGCIS) and will be presented at the SIG’s annual meeting.

We encourage self-nominations and do not require a cover letter.

Please email a PDF of the article you would like to nominate to the 2023 Prize Committee by April 30, 2023.

For committee email addresses and a list of prior winners, see:
https://www.sigcis.org/mahoneyprize

If you have any questions about the award or the nomination process, please reply to me directly.

On behalf of your Mahoney Prize committee,
Kevin Driscoll
University of Virginia