[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS Virtual Conference CFP - submissions due June 1, 2023

Morgan G. Ames morganya at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 3 10:45:00 PDT 2023

Submissions are being accepted until June 1 for *SIGCIS 2023: online
edition 2.0*, the 14th Annual Conference for the Special Interest Group
<https://meetings.sigcis.org/>for Computing, Information, and Society
<https://meetings.sigcis.org/>, which will be held on Zoom September 21-23,
2023. Please see our full CFP and instructions for submissions here:
https://meetings.sigcis.org/call-for-participation.html

We are excited to announce that our keynote speaker will be Tung-Hui Hu
<https://www.tunghui.hu/>, Associate Professor of English at University of
Michigan and author of Digital Lethargy: Dispatches from an Age of
Disconnection <https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262047111/digital-lethargy/>
(2022) and A Prehistory of the Cloud
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262529969/a-prehistory-of-the-cloud/>(2015).

SIGCIS 2023 is an open call for any and all work related to the history of
computing and information systems, broadly imagined. The SIGCIS community
is especially welcoming of new directions in research and creative
production, and encompasses academic professionals, museum and archive
professionals, IT practitioners, artists and creative technologists, and
independent researchers across the disciplinary spectrum. We maintain an
inclusive atmosphere for scholarly inquiry, promoting diversity in STEM and
supporting disciplinary interventions from beyond traditional history of
technology. We especially encourage submissions from those who have not
previously attended but wish to learn more about our community.

Our full CFP has more details on how to submit:
https://meetings.sigcis.org/call-for-participation.html

We hope you see you (virtually) at SIGCIS 2023: online edition 2.0!

Warm regards,

The SIGCIS conference organizing committee

Laine Nooney <http://www.lainenooney.com/>, New York University (SIGCIS
Co-Vice-Chair of Meetings)
Morgan G. Ames <http://morganya.org/>, University of California,
Berkeley (SIGCIS
Co-Vice-Chair of Meetings)
Xiaochang Li <https://comm.stanford.edu/faculty-li/>, Stanford University
Stephanie Dick
<https://www.sfu.ca/communication/team/faculty/stephanie-dick.html>, Simon
Fraser University

Dr. Morgan G. Ames <https://morganya.org> (pronounced "MORE-ghen Aims";
she/her)
faculty, School of Information <https://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/>, UC
Berkeley
associate director of research, Center for Science, Technology, Medicine
and Society <https://cstms.berkeley.edu>
author of *The Charisma Machine: The Life, Death, and Legacy of One Laptop
per Child <https://morganya.org/charisma/>* (2019, MIT Press
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/charisma-machine>) - 2020 Information
Science Book of the Year, 2020 Sally Hacker Prize, 2021 Computer History
Museum Prize

If you need disability accommodations to meet or work with me, please let
me know.

UC Berkeley sits on the territory of xučyun, the ancestral and unceded land
of the Chochenyo speaking Ohlone people, the successors of the sovereign
Verona Band of Alameda County. See https://cejce.berkeley.edu/ohloneland
for more.