[SIGCIS-Members] What inspired Bush's Memex?

Evan Koblentz evank at njit.edu
Wed Nov 16 08:33:50 PST 2022

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Tonight I'm teaching my
students about the origins of graphical interfaces, and realized that I
didn't have a good answer ready to the question of, "But what inspired
Bush?"

I am quickly reading Smith, Googling about Otlet/Goldberg, and running
to our university library to get Burke's book.

--
Evan Koblentz

New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Senior Writer, Office of Strategic Communications
- Adjunct Instructor, Ying Wu College of Computing

evank at njit.edu
(973) 596-3065
https://web.njit.edu/~evank
@TechnicallyEvan <https://twitter.com/technicallyevan>