[SIGCIS-Members] Oral history with Dave Walden Re: NYT Obituary for Dave Walden

Marc Weber marc at webhistory.org
Wed May 4 18:44:08 PDT 2022

We interviewed Dave Walden in 2009, along with a number of his colleagues at BBN. Here’s the record with a link to the transcript,  https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102702119 <https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102702119>. Video should be available on request. We have one of the original IMPs he helped develop in our permanent exhibition: https://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/networking/19/407 <https://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/networking/19/407>

Dave is a huge loss. He was both a key networking pioneer and hugely active as a colleague in preserving and interpreting computer history. And a good person.

Regards, Marc

Marc Weber <https://computerhistory.org/profile/marc-weber/> (he/him)
Curatorial Director, Internet History Program
Computer History Museum, 1401 N Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View CA 94043
marc at webhistory.org  |  +1 415 282 6868
computerhistory.org/nethistory  |  Co-founder, Web History Center and Project