[SIGCIS-Members] Upcoming: LOST WOMAN OF SCIENCE KLÁRI DÁN VON NEUMANN

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:20:37 PDT 2022

Hello, all,

Upcoming is an interesting event, which will include Thomas Haigh who is
subscribed to this listserver.  He's an excellent historian who served as
one of my Expert Reviewers for the Manchester "Baby" Computer IEEE
Milestone for which I was the Advocate.  He provided some critical insight
during that process, including delineating how the Baby was a
stored-program computer - a term correctly attributable to more than one
computer as long as you include the correct adjectives!

*REVEALING LOST WOMAN OF SCIENCE KLÁRI DÁN VON NEUMANN*Lost Women of
Science Initiative Host Katie Hafner and Computer Historian Thomas Haigh in
Conversation with Harvey Mudd College President Maria Klawe
Tue, 5 April, 7pm PDT - available *live *at the Computer History Museum,
Mtn View, CA USA -OR- via *Zoom*

https://computerhistory.org/events/revealing-lost-woman-of-science-klari-dan-von-neumann/

There's also a podcast and a 2-minute overview here:
 https://lostwomenofscience.org/
_________________________
Brian A. Berg / bberg at StanfordAlumni.org
Berg Software Design - LinkedIn Profile
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianaberg/>
700 Mistletoe Road, Suite 201, Ashland, OR 97520 USA
14500 Big Basin Way, Suite F, Saratoga, CA 95070 USA
Voice: 408.741.5010 / Cell: 408.568.2505
Consulting: Flash Memory/USB/Storage/Patents
visit the Storage Cornucopia: www.bswd.com
FMS Technical Chair: www.FlashMemorySummit.com
<http://www.flashmemorysummit.com/>
IEEE Milestone <http://www.siliconvalleymilestones.com/> Coordinator &
History Chair for Region 6 <http://www.ieee-region6.org/>
IEEE History Committee
<https://www.ieee.org/about/history-center/history-committee.html> Member
IEEE SCV Section <http://www.ieee.org/scv/> Past Chair / IEEE-CNSV
<http://www.californiaconsultants.org/> Board Director
IEEE Silicon Valley Tech History Committee
<http://www.siliconvalleyhistory.com/> Chair