[SIGCIS-Members] Reminder: the "grand narratives" event is coming up July 4 and 5

thomas.haigh at gmail.com thomas.haigh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:35:00 PDT 2022

Hello SIGCIS,

Our first and last reminder: the event “Rethinking and Rebuilding: Grand
Narratives in the History of Computing” is being held in Siegen and online
this July 4 and 5. All events in the afternoon for Europeans, which will
make some sessions accessible to those in other timez ones depending on
location and sleep habits. Program at:
https://www.socialstudiesof.info/grandnarratives/ Whole bunch of
historiographic roundtable discussions.

I just posted an informal essay with some thoughts on why we chose the
workshop topic and selected the questions we did for each of the roundtable
panels. That is at https://tomandmaria.com/Tom/node/32.

Registration is free, and will get you a zoom link. Please send an email to
Anna Büdenbender at anna.buedenbender at student.uni-siegen.de
<mailto:anna.buedenbender at student.uni-siegen.de>