[SIGCIS-Members] history of autoincorrect

Warren Sack wsack at ucsc.edu
Fri Jan 21 12:33:58 PST 2022

Very interesting thread!  I also have an article on autocorrection, but
framed in terms of the importance of language standardization for
nationalism and capitalism:
http://computationalculture.net/out-of-bounds-language-limits-language-planning-and-the-definition-of-distance-in-the-new-spaces-of-linguistic-capitalism/

Best,

-Warren

Warren SACK
Professor, Film + Digital Media, University of California, Santa Cruz
Editorial Group Member, *Computational Culture: A Journal of Software
Studies*
Book: *The Software Arts* (MIT Press, 2019)
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/software-arts