[SIGCIS-Members] ROMchip: A Journal of Game Histories: Seeking Submissions and Pitches!

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:19:34 PST 2022

Dear SIGCIS’ers,

The editors at *ROMchip <http://www.romchip.org> *are looking for content!
We’re an open-access journal, published July and Dec, interested in all
aspects of game history, including both digital and analog games.

*ROMchip *publishes a variety of formats, including traditional peer
reviewed articles, shorter Materials pieces (~4k words) that deal with a
specific archive, collection, or artifact related to game history, as well
as translations of existing works.

But for SIGCIS folks, we’re especially interested in receiving your ideas
for publishing interviews with individuals who were a part of game history
and/or are a part of related cultural institutions. Our interviews section
provides a valuable service to contemporary game historians, while also
establishing an archive for future researchers.

For examples, see this interview with Ikko Ohno
<https://www.romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal/article/view/127>
(creator of *The Flying Luna Clipper*) and this discussion with Marie
Foulston and Kristen Volsing
<https://www.romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal/article/view/120> on the
Videogames: Design/Play/Disrupt exhibition at the V&A.

If you have an idea for an Interview, Materials piece, or Translation,
pitching is as easy as writing up a paragraph and emailing it to me
(Laine)! (we typically don't comment on submissions intended as peer
reviewed articles, but if you have questions please just ask!) We
conceptualize games and game history pretty broadly, so we’re open to
whatever ideas you might have. You can find further details on submissions
here <https://www.romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal/about/submissions>.

Looking forward to seeing what this community has for us.

Warmly,

The ROMchip editorial team (Laine Nooney, Henry Lowood, Soraya Murray &
David Parisi)

Laine Nooney <http://www.lainenooney.com/>

Assistant Professor |  MCC <http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/mcc/> @ NYU
<http://www.nyu.edu/>  | she/they

-Need to make an appt? Click, don't email: https://bit.ly/2GIHuK0
-Probably typed by voice recognition, so please cherish typos