[SIGCIS-Members] Venues for technical history?

info at tomasp.net info at tomasp.net
Wed Feb 2 17:10:26 PST 2022

In addition to the venues already mentioned, I would also add the events and associated special journal issues organized by the Commission for the History and Philosophy of Computing (HAPOC): http://hapoc.org

A technical computer science history would certainly be in scope there. The commission organizes regular conferences on history of computing and symposia on history of programming and there is a typically special journal issue for full papers after the events.

The next one is a Symposium on the History and Philosophy of Programming, which happens to have a deadline for submissions of extended abstracts on 18 March: https://www.shift-society.org/hapop5/

Thanks,

Tomas Petricek