[SIGCIS-Members] NYCDH Week Announcement

Kimon Keramidas kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu
Tue Feb 1 10:38:16 PST 2022

This may be of interest to some on the SIGCIS List

Only Seven Days Until NYCDH Week From Home!
Can you believe it? This time next week we’ll all be eagerly participating in the kickoff event <https://nycdh.org/dhweek/event/nycdh-kickoff-event-2022/> and preparing for sessions to start.

We are excited to release the slate of workshops, demonstrations, and events <http://nycdh.org/dhweek/sessions-2022> and we can’t wait until NYCDH is brightening screens across the region, country and world.

NYCDH Week 2022 will take place in a fully online format, while continuing to do what it has done for the past six years -- bring together individuals across the region who are interested in digital humanities, offering them opportunities to learn new techniques and skills, to hear about DH projects from across the city, and to connect with a vibrant and diverse community of scholars and practitioners.

In place of a traditional keynote lecture, this year’s kickoff event will feature a roundtable titled “Finding, Cultivating, and Sustaining Support for Your DH Project.”

Roundtable participants will include

Jennifer Serventi – National Endowment for the Humanities

Moacir de Sá Pereira – Columbia University

Jim Groom – Reclaim Hosting

Jason Rhody – Social Science Research Council (SSRC)

Katina Rogers – Independent Scholar

As is tradition, following the introduction and kickoff roundtable we will be announcing the winners of our annual Graduate Student Awards with presentations by the winners, as NYCDH continues to support the next generation of scholars in the field.

We look forward to welcoming you soon and thanks to everyone for making NYCDH such a great community!

Check out the Sessions Page! <https://nycdh.org/dhweek/sessions-2022/>
For more information, visit the NYCDH  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nycdh.us7.list-2Dmanage.com_track_click-3Fu-3Dff567c975834f110d38fbc34f-26id-3D9c815e2ad5-26e-3D496b2d8a68&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=8lhfdn1CVAMK_u4AbH6K2X3Rh95e5EvJanbOcfGalCo&m=xH8aVKDnpo3Vt10omj4iVIULiqfVASxlHgDj925JjjzlZ-E7EfnOhUB6Ob8hLwrP&s=MOJ_ObEc6pjveWdk6mg49_Vk8Xr4WGWvEmXbAMTw1jg&e=>website or contact nycdigitalhumanities at gmail.com <mailto:nycdigitalhumanites at gmail.com>.

Cheers,
Kimon Keramidas

Kimon Keramidas, Ph.D.
Clinical Associate Professor, XE: Experimental Humanities & Social Engagement <http://as.nyu.edu/xe.html>
Affiliated Faculty, Program in International Relations

Pronouns: He/Him

New York University
14 University Place
New York, NY 10003

Co-Director - ITMO University International Digital Humanities Research Center <http://dh.itmo.ru/en_about>
Co-Founder - The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy <http://jitpedagogy.org/>
Co-Founder - NYCDH <http://nycdh.org/>

E kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu <mailto:kimon.keramidas at nyu.edu>
W http://kimonkeramidas.com <http://kimonkeramidas.com/>

The Sogdians: Influencers on the Silk Roads
Exhibition <https://www.freersackler.si.edu/sogdians>

The Interface Experience: Forty Years of Personal Computing
Exhibition <https://www.bgc.bard.edu/gallery/exhibitions/10/the-interface-experience>

The Interface Experience: A User’s Guide
Winner of the 2016 Innovation in Print Design Award from the American Alliance of Museums
Buy Book <http://store.bgc.bard.edu/the-interface-experience-a-users-guide-by-kimon-keramidas/>