[SIGCIS-Members] SIGCIS Book Auction - call for donations

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Tue Aug 30 08:26:13 PDT 2022

Dear SIGCIS,

We’re excited to convene in person again in New Orleans, for the SHOT Annual Meeting (Nov 10-13) and SIGCIS Conference (Sunday, November 13).  One tradition we’re reviving is the SIGCIS Book Auction, which is an important way for us to raise funds to support travel for graduate students to attend SHOT and SIGCIS.

The SIGCIS Book Auction will take place on Friday, November 11, at the SIGCIS lunch. (You can register for the lunch when you complete your SHOT registration.)

The most important element in the SIGCIS Book Auction is… books!  This is where we depend on your kind donations.  If you have new (or ‘classic’) books that you think would be compelling for SIGCIS members, you can donate them to the auction in 2 different ways:

1. Come to New Orleans, and bring your books!
2. Can’t make the trip? Mail the book to me (or someone else in the SIGCIS orbit), and we’ll bring it to the Auction.

In either case, if you’d like to donate a book, please respond to me with the title of the book(s) you plan to donate—this will help me keep track of things, avoid duplicate/triplicates, etc.

We’d appreciate it if you can respond no later than October 15, 2022.

Thank you!

Andy Russell
SIGCIS Co-Chair

Andrew L. Russell, Ph.D.