[SIGCIS-Members] Larry Josephson

Ceruzzi, Paul CeruzziP at si.edu
Sat Aug 27 10:10:41 PDT 2022

I just learned of the passing of Larry Josephson, whose radio program I used to listen to while growing up in the New York metropolitan region in the 1960s. I won't go into details, only to say that the Wikipedia entry for him does not come close to describing what it was like to listen to WBAI in its heyday.

Years later I had a chance to meet him, and when I told him of my scholarly interests, he told me that he was the person who developed the codes for IBM's Job Control Language (JCL). Including the Slash-asterisk /*

Now you know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Josephson