[SIGCIS-Members] New Book Series at Johns Hopkins University Press, Studies in Computing and Culture

Jeffrey Yost yostx003 at umn.edu
Mon Sep 13 10:55:24 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Con and I are delighted to announce a new book series with JHUP, if you
have a book project/proposal in mind, or for more info., please let us know.

Best, Jeff and Con

*New Book Series at Johns Hopkins University Press*

*Studies in Computing and Culture *

*Series Editors: *

*Jeffrey R. Yost*, CBI Director and Research Professor of History of
Science and Technology, University of Minnesota

*Gerardo Con Diaz*, Associate Professor of Science and Technology Studies,
University of California, Davis

*Series Editorial Board:*

*Héctor Beltrán*, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, Massachusetts
Institute of Technology

*Ruha Benjamin*, Professor of African American Studies, Princeton University

*Lilly Irani*, Associate Professor of Communication, Science Studies,
Computer Science, and Critical Gender Studies, University of California,
San Diego

*Meg Leta Jones*, Associate Professor of Communication, Technology, and
Culture, Georgetown University

*Ya-Wen Lei*, Associate Professor of Sociology, Harvard University

*Eden Medina*, Associate Professor of Science, Technology, and Society,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

*Mai Sugimoto*, Associate Professor of Sociology, Kansai University

This series publishes works on the relationships among digital technology,
political economies, and sociocultural systems. We seek interdisciplinary
scholarship that speaks to how computing, information, and data cultures
change over time and how our digital present and future relate to the long
arc of social, political, cultural, economic, legal, or environmental
change. We welcome all chronologies and geographies. The series will help
students, scholars, and the public gain historical and contemporary
perspectives to understand how and why digital technology continues to
transform every aspect of our daily lives.

*"Injustice wears the same harsh face wherever it shows itself."*-Ralph
Ellison

Jeffrey R. Yost, Ph.D.
Director, Charles Babbage Institute
Research Professor, Program in the History of Science, Technology, and
Medicine

Founder and Co-Editor (w/ Amanda Wick),

*Interfaces: Essays and Reviews in Computing and Culture*

c <https://cse.umn.edu/cbi/interfaces>se.umn.edu/cbi/interfaces
<https://cse.umn.edu/cbi/interfaces>

222  21st Avenue South
University of Minnesota